On November 10, 2022, an online meeting of the National Council of Independent Civil Society was held under the Representative Office.
The main guest is Abdulaziz Nabiev, a member of the Council from Syrdarya region, civil society activist.
The following main issues were discussed at the meeting:
- Circumstances related to human rights and their violation in Syrdarya region;
- Carrying out civil control, highlighting the main problems in society in various social networks and the attitude of relevant state bodies;
- Situation related to forced labor in cotton harvest in some areas of Syrdarya region;
- The level of ensuring openness and transparency in the court legal system, hokimyats and other administrative bodies;
- An inquiry into the alleged illegal collection of drinking water fees from residents in the mahalla of Syrdarya city.
The Representative Office of the Association of Central Asia in Uzbekistan invites journalists, bloggers and activists who are actively covering problems and achievements in various fields to share their experiences with us. Contact us!