Today, September 29, young people interested in the life of civil society and the activities of NGOs visited the representative office of the Association of Central Asia in Uzbekistan.
At the meeting in the form of a roundtable discussion, the director of the office, Gulnoz Mamarasulova, discussed the following issues with the students of the Tashkent State University of Uzbek Language and Literature:
– What is civil society and how is it formed?
– On what basis do non-governmental and non-profit organizations operate, what are their funds covered by?
– The role and importance of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the General Assembly of the United Nations on December 10, 1948;
– General description of the situation related to human rights in Uzbekistan in recent years;
– The main purpose, tasks and scope of activities of the Representative Office of the Association Central Asia in Uzbekistan.
During the meeting, the students received answers to their various questions about the goals and activities of civil society organizations of Uzbekistan and the international level.
The Representative Office of the Association Central Asia in Uzbekistan expresses its gratitude to the International Department of the Tashkent State University of Uzbek Language and Literature for its initiative to attract young students to active life.